Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Catering...for the reception

This week has been all about the food. We have been trying everything we can to get the catering figured out at the smallest cost possible. We are planning on a simple chocolate fountain and Italian sodas. That seems like a really cheap option for a reception, right? Well, as it turns out, the cost is pretty steep for such a request. We have been doing everything to get the correct quotes from the caterers and make sure all their calculations are what we plan for. I had no idea this could be such a task. But Addi has been a trooper and stuck with all the guns she has been given. She is always talking with the right people and it looks like we will have the correct choice made by the next week or so.
I will keep everyone posted...

1 comment:

  1. It's true, it seems like the food and location make up the bulk of the cost for receptions. I'm getting married this summer-we're going to try to have friends help us out. I.E. have the reception in someone's backyard (it's huge!) and have a friend (who happens to be chef-tastic) help with the Hors d'œuvres. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete